Any area inside your home where it is moist and humid could provide the perfect breeding ground for mold. This includes your bathroom, your attic, your basement, or any other areas where moisture tends to accumulate.
Fortunately, dealing with small amounts of mold is a relatively easy process. The key is to act quickly so that you can stop the mold in its tracks before it has a chance to spread. If the mold infestation becomes too large, you may need to call in professionals to help you treat it, like Mold Across America- Mold Removal & Inspections. As long as only a small area is affected, however, you can follow these tips on how to kill mold inside your home:
1. Take steps to protect yourself. You should always wear a face mask, rubber gloves, and a pair of goggles when cleaning areas that are affected by mold. This is especially important if the area you are cleaning is relatively large.
2. Gather your supplies. You will need a scrub brush, a spray bottle full of vinegar, and clean water to rinse the surface after you are done. The acidic nature of the vinegar is sufficient to kill most types of mold, ensuring that it won’t grow back.
3. Spray the area with vinegar. Allow the vinegar to sit on the surface for up to an hour before scrubbing the mold away. This will allow the mold to become thoroughly saturated by the vinegar. When the time is up, use your scrub brush to scrub away all of the mold.
4. Rinse the area with clean water, making sure that all of the residue from the mold is removed.
5. Spray the area with a light layer of vinegar and allow it to dry without rinsing it away. This will help keep the mold from growing back. Once the vinegar is dry, the smell should dissipate.
These simple tips should help you kill small amounts of mold inside your home. If you have a particularly severe infestation, however, you should contact a professional for help.