The Federal presence throughout the Miami Valley is well-established. As a fellow Federal employee, our good fortune and generosity is called upon more so during economic downturns. We continually answer the call and demonstrate unrivaled generosity.
Your support of charities through Miami Valley CFC has resulted in record-setting campaigns. Collectively, last year we conributed $3,277,990 in support of CFC-approved charities that provide programs and services to local, national and international communities, and, most importantly, to the thousands of beneficiaries they so dutifully serve.
How did we accomplish this extraordinary fete during one of the worst economic downturns in history? The answer is simple…we understand the incomparable importance charitable giving has on our lives and to the viability of our communities. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity!
To make a real difference...do more than give. Invest! is Miami Valley CFC’s 2011 theme. I encourage you to keep this thought front of mind as it resonates the importance of ensuring essential health and human welfare services exist througout our communities.
On the eve of our 2011 campaign, and celebration CFC's 50th anniversary, please remember that our collective, generous charitable investments support more than 2,800 local, national and international charities benefitting a wide range of health and human welfare interests, including…
- Helping those who are hungry, ill, jobless, homeless, illiterate, afraid
- Brightening the lives of children, adolescents, the elderly, the oppressed
- Fostering appreciation of our environment and its natural resources
- Enriching lives through the performing and fine arts
- Supporting animal welfare
- Ensuring research continues in hopes of preventing and eliminating devastating diseases
- Making education available and affordable
- Strengthening communities
The future of some of our charities remains fragile in this shaky economy. I ask that we all strive to exceed last year’s charitable investments. No contribution is too small and every contribution does make a world of difference.
Dominique B. Myers
2011 Campaign Chair
Chief, Programs Division
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base